PR Account Manager
We're looking for a strong AM or SAM to join this exciting agency. Ideally you'll have experience with clients in the hospitality sector - Hotels, Restaurants, Bars etc. Lifestyle, Travel and Consumer PR experience would also be of interest.
Our client is a highly successful PR agency with an established team of PR experts. They are looking to expand their team as a result of several new business wins. Their ideal candidate is bright, keen, willing to progress, happy to muck into a team and get the job done. You'll need to be friendly, willing to learn and take constructive feedback. We're also looking for someone who is good in front of clients and capable of hitting the ground running in an agency environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account manager to join a thriving PR agency working with hospitality clients. The PR work is extremely varied and includes some US and European client management.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ yrs experience in PR and excellent writing skills.
- Day to day contact with target media to generate coverage opportunities and positive ongoing relationships with key journalists
- Collating coverage and selling results back to clients in a timely manner
- Direct contact and visibility with clients, with responsibility for specific campaigns and activity plans
- Writing a variety of copy, from press releases and case studies, to blog posts and market reports
- Active involvement in social networks on behalf of clients and the agency
Experience and credentials:
- Several years genuinely high-quality writing experience - copywriting, blogging
- Must have a portfolio to show at interview stage
- Ability to turn content round quickly
- The ability to write like a journalist while balancing this with client needs
- Minimum three years experience in PR, preferably with an agency background.
- Active in social networking sphere - Twitter, Linkedin etc
- Experience of working across multiple clients and juggling workloads
- Strong contacts within the tech and business media, with proven abilities to generate coverage
- Team working and communication abilities essential, with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Experience writing for business, IT and verticals
The account manager owns the client relationship. He or she is responsible for meeting client expectations and ensuring the client is kept fully up to date with activity on the account. In addition they are responsible for developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services.
The account manager is responsible for managing the team, coaching junior members of staff, ensuring individuals have the right skills, and that the team works together effectively.
Qualities and Skills
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated team player
- Detail conscious and the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Proven writing ability
- Creative thinking
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Polished and professional appearance
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of media: print and broadcast
- Understanding of market research and analysis
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with confidence at board-level with clients
- Proven ability to keep abreast of current affairs and relate them to client situations
- Previous PR experience as senior account executive or Account manager, ideally within hospitality.
- Line management of the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and review of staff
- Developing and managing a PR plan
- Setting team objectives on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitoring achievement against objectives to ensure they are met
- Monitoring team activity levels against budget
- Liaison with consultants outside the team such as analyst relations, public relations and creative services
- Booking and managing client meetings
- Ensuring that all activity and results are reported back to the client
- Managing the clients’ expectations
- Managing the client to ensure that client tasks and commitments are clearly communicated, and that consequences of missed deadlines are clear
- Communicating account performance internally (account reviews)
- New business pitching and dealing with the financial side of running accounts, i.e. creating and handling budgets, team hours etc
- Experience of forming strategies and creative plans
- Managing other team members
- Confidence in working with and reporting directly to MD
- Ability to drive growth on current accounts